This is the log of changes in the current version 2 of reZonator. Log for the previous version 1 see here.
2.0.11-beta7 (2022-12-09)View on GitHub
- Added support for negative focuses in Thermal lens and Thermal medium elements and in the GRIN Lens Assessment tool (#23).
- Added a tool for drawing simple lenses - Lensmaker.
- Can set custom offset inside range element for Round-trip Matrix function.
- Round-trip Matrix function can show matrices of all elements (optionally).
- New help topics in the manual: Round-trip Matrix function, Function freezing, Caustic function.
- Enabled HIDPI mode and fixed various related small issues (#15)
- Can use online documentation instead of local one (#9).
- Fix: schema table not properly updated after element deletion.
- Fix: there are no axis titles stored in example files.
- Fix: caustic window opens without axis titles.
2.0.10-beta6 (2022-02-10)View on GitHub
- New commands for Gaussian Beam Calculator window: copy image, copy data, change axis titles.
- Added commands for changing axes titles for function plots.
- Added beam shape tool for caustic windows.
- Added a command for exporting all graph segments (#17).
- Fixed typos (#16).
- Fixed file opening on Ubuntu and macOS.
2.0.9-beta5 (2021-11-27)View on GitHub
- Can disable some elements (instead of to delete them).
- Added schema memo - rich formatted text document that can be stored within project.
- New help topics in the manual: Parameters Window, Adjuster Tool.
- Several new tips added.
- Fixed that incorrect matrices were displayed in the help file for some elements.
- Fixed incorrect elements table repainting after several elements deleted.
2.0.8-beta4 (2021-04-13)View on GitHub
- Adjust and build with Qt 5.15.2 which is the latest LTS in 5.* series.
2.0.7-beta3 (2021-04-13)View on GitHub
- Fix: mirrors at ends of resonator respect IOR of attached media (#4).
- Fix: back-propagation matrices for GRIN elements were not calculated (#5).
2.0.6-beta2 (2020-06-02)View on GitHub
- Can calculate complex matrices and beam parameters from them (not supported yet for stability calculation).
- Can calculate function values under cursor.
- Can link parameters of Matrix element to global parameters.
- New element: Matrix element with single matrix (T=S).
- New elements: GRIN medium, Thermal lens, Thermal medium.
- New elements: Gaussian aperture, Gaussian aperture with thin lens, Gaussian duct (medium), Gaussian duct (slab).
- GRIN lens can accept negative gradient constants n2.
- Copy/Paste commands in the Pumps window.
- Added Custom Elements Library. Copy of any element can be saved to the library.
- Added an option allowing for output the Python code for matrices in info function windows.
- Added settings for number formatting and data exporting.
- Added menu commands for exporting graph data and plot image (copy to Clipboard).
- Added options for controlling how element is displayed on the layout - show label, draw narrow.
- New tool: GRIN lens assessment.
- Can set different colors for pumps for using in MB-Caustic plot.
2.0.5-beta1 (2019-10-21)View on GitHub
- TS-flipped mode added for plot functions.
- Multicaustic function renamed to Multirange Caustic.
- New function: Multibeam Caustic.
- New function: Beam Parameters at Elements.
- New function: Show Round-trip (can be called from plot window).
- New elements: Axicon Mirror, Axicon Lens.
- Copy/Paste actions for pumps.
- Parameter adjuster can be created via element's context menu.
- Default units for function results can be chosen via app settings dialog.
- Fixed: Multicaustic doesn't save the mode (beam radius/front radius).
- Fixed: Invalid autolimits when graph is constant line.
- Fixed: Unable to set adjusting parameter via typing in adjuster input box.
- Fixed: Wrong autolimits on 2D Stability Map plots.
2.0.4-alpha4 (2019-07-03)View on GitHub
- 2D Stability Map function.
- Integration with Qt Assistant and initial help pages.
- Formula Calculator tool.
- New element: GRIN Lens.
- Adjustment tool added.
2.0.3-alpha3 (2019-02-11)View on GitHub
- The start window with MRU, actions, tools and tips panels.
- Schema properties dialog.
- Can read Title and Notes fields from schema files of version 1.
- Copy/paste commands for elements, Clone command for pumps.
- Move Up/Move Down commands for elements.
- Can select different units for plot axes.
- Can make default titles for plots and plots' axes.
- Beam Variation function.
2.0.2-alpha2 (2018-09-27)View on GitHub
- Multicaustic function.
- New element: Thick Lens.
- Interface elements (surfaces): Normal, Brewster, Tilted, Spherical.
2.0.1-alpha1 (2018-06-05)View on GitHub
- Gaussian Beam Calculator tool with beam plotting ability.
- It is able to append several pumps and activate them in course.
- Global schema parameters driven by custom Lua formulas.
- It's able to link elements' parameters to global schema parameters to change them in a complex way.
2.0.0-alpha0 (2017-12-27)View on GitHub
- The first preview release having Caustic and Stability Map functions.
- New json-based format of schema files.
- Can read schema files of version 1 (only elements, no function windows).